Call for papers Leiden 2019
Call for papers
The Leiden University Center for Linguistics (LUCL) will organize
Going Romance 2019 on November 28-29, 2019.
- Heather Burnett (CNRS – UMR 7110, Université Paris Diderot-Paris 7)
- João Costa (Universidade Nova de Lisboa)
- Caterina Donati (CNRS – UMR 7110, Université Paris Diderot-Paris 7)
Main session, November 28-29
The scope of the conference series lies at the intersection of linguistic theory with data from the Romance languages. Beyond this general tenet, there are no specific requirements as to the topic, the subdiscipline, the approach or the methodology, as long as it is clear how the Romance data contribute to linguistic theories of human language
In addition to the main session, there will be a special session:
Special session ‘Gender in Romance’, November 29, 14.00-17.30h.
This workshop aims at a discussion of various aspects of gender in Romance, including but not limited to the following topics:
- Social meaning of gender and gender conflicts
- Syntax and semantics of gender and gender agreement
- Gender and linguistic variation (geographical, historical, social)
- Gender and first and second language acquisition
- Gender in bi/multilingual scenarios
- Psycholinguistic aspects of gender
Abstracts should be anonymous and no longer than two pages A4, including references and examples, with margins of at least 2,5 cm, font size 12, single-spaced. The file should be anonymous both in the body of the text and in the filename. Please make sure all fonts and figures are correctly rendered.
Submissions are limited to a maximum of one individual and one joint abstract per author for the entire 2 day-event. Please indicate in your submission whether your abstract should be considered for the main session, or for the special session on gender in Romance. Please also indicate whether your paper is to be considered for oral or poster presentation.
Abstracts not conforming to these requirements will not be taken into consideration.
The abstracts should be submitted in .PDF format through EasyAbs no later than July 20, 2019.
Jenny Doetjes, M. Carme Parafita-Couto, Johan Rooryck