Subtitle: Selected papers from “Going Romance” Amsterdam 2013
Year of publication: 2015.
Publishing Company: John Benjamins, Amsterdam/Philadelphia.
Series: Romance Languages and Linguistic Theory Volume 8.
Part I: Word order and related pragmatic or semantic effects
- Valentina Bianchi, Giuliano Bocci and Silvio Cruschina: Focus fronting and its implicatures . Pages 3-20.
- Elena Ciutescu: Romance causatives and object shift. Pages 21-38.
- Laia Mayol: Conditionally interpreted declaratives in Spanish. Pages 39-50.
- Sam Wolfe: Microparametric variation in Old Italo-Romance syntax: The view from Old Sicilian and Old Sardinian. Pages 51-66.
- Stefano Rastelli and Arianna Zuanazzi: Different effects of syntactic knowledge, associative memory and working memory in L2 processing of filter-gap dependencies: A cross-modal picture-sentence study on L2 Chinese learners of Italian. Pages 67-82.
Part II: Morphology and semantics of the verb and verb placement
- Norma Schifano: The paradigmatic instantiation of TAM: A novel approach to Romance verb-movement. Pages 85-102.
- Bridget Copley and Isabelle Roy: Deriving the reading of French être en train de. Pages 103-118.
- Alexandra Cornilescu: On the syntax of datives in unaccusative configurations. Pages 119-158.
- Laura Migliori: The perfect between Latin and Romance: The rise of perfective paraphrases and the active/inactive contrast. Pages 159-174.
- Andrew Nevins: Productivity and Portuguese morphology: How experiments enable hypothesis-testing. Pages 175-202.
- Florian Schäfer and Margot Vivanco: Reflexively marked anticausatives are not semantically reflexive. Pages 203-220.
Part III: Morphosyntax of the DP and its relation to clause structure
- Gianina Iordachioaia and Elena Soare: Deverbal nominalization with the ‘Down’-operator. Pages 223-238.
- Martin Elsig: The (non-)grammaticalization of possession in Guatemalan Spanish. Pages 239-260.
- Sanyoon Kim: On Spanish possessive formation: A DM-based account. Pages 261-276.
- Language Index
- Subject Index
All abstracts and additional details can be found at http://benjamins.com/catalog/rllt.8